I am a huge fan of baked potatoes but now that spring has finally arrived (or so it seems) they just aren’t something I cook. I hate heating up the oven and the house once the warm weather hits and I avoid it at all cost.
So what do I do when the craving strikes? Make up this loaded baked potato salad instead! It provides all the delicious ingredients of a loaded baked potato without having to heat up the oven. Plus, it’s chilled and refreshing which helps beat the heat.
There really isn’t anything not to like about this potato salad. Cheese, bacon and ranch are always a winning combination! This would be a great side dish to bring to a summer bbq or just to whip up on a weeknight with a yummy grilled steak.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 thick cut slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold water. Make sure they are fully covered. Add salt to water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, pepper and shredded cheese. Add bacon and almost all the bacon (leave some for garnish at end). Stir until fully coated. Top with remaining bacon. Serve or refrigerate until ready to eat.