This classic Apple Crisp is the perfect fall dessert. Simple to make with easy to find ingredients.
Apple season is upon us which means it’s time to make some apple crisp. This recipe is super simple to make and you are sure to fall in love with it.
Ingredients for Apple Crisp
Here’s what you’ll need:
Certain apples are better for baking than others. I have a guide to baking with apples that is a great resource when deciding what type of apples to use.
I love a combination of Granny Smith apples, Fuji and Honeycrisp.
How to Make Apple Crisp
Start by peeling and slicing your apples thinly. I use this apple peeler/slicer contraption to make this step super quick and easy.
Layer the apples in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan and toss them with granulated sugar and cinnamon then set aside.
Crumbled together the remaining ingredients and work together with two forks until you have a crumbly topping. Sprinkle it over the apples and it’s ready to bake.
How to Serve
I think it is best when serve warm. I’m also not opposed to a big scoop of Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top when it’s warm. That’s actually probably my favorite way to enjoy this.
- 8 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place apple slices in a 13 x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and cinnamon, toss to coat.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of apples and bake for about 50-60 minutes.