Today I am bringing you a diverse, quick and easy meal that would be perfect for any weeknight. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare but still manages to pack a huge punch of flavor. It also uses common ingredients that many already have in their pantry and refrigerator.
Can’t get much better than that! Serve it on top of some delicious stir-fried noodles and some steamed broccoli to complete the meal!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.