The Crazy Cooking Challenge is back again…this time with Chicken Noodle Soup. I have been putting off making my soup for quite awhile because we just haven’t been having soup weather. It’s been in the 40’s and 50’s recently which is incredibly unusual for Minnesota in January. I’ll take it!
I finally got to making my soup yesterday after searching through many blogs to find the perfect Chicken Noodle Soup. I’ve always enjoyed creamy chicken noodle soups so after finding this recipe for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup over at Let’s Dish I knew it would be a huge hit in our home.
It had a rich, deep chicken flavor along with a deliciously creamy texture. The soup was thicker than most chicken noodle soups making it more filling and satisfying. I also loved the use of frozen egg noodles, they really are the best!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen egg noodles (I used Reames)
- Salt, pepper and parsley, to taste
- Thaw noodles according to package directions (if required). Meanwhile, melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, celery and carrots and saute until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth to vegetables in pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken breasts and boil until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks; set aside. Add the milk to the pot and return to a boil. Gently stir the thawed noodles into the broth, along with the shredded chicken. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir in cream of chicken soup and simmer a few minutes more.
January 7, 2012 at 11:19 am
So funny that you and Tina picked the same recipe. But with different, but both yummy, results! That’s what I love about cooking!
January 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Meg, this looks wonderful, will have to see if I can find frozen egg noodles at the store.
January 7, 2012 at 4:18 pm
Creamy Chicken Noodle sounds very comforting and delicious!
In South Daktoa we are also enjoying a very very mild winter … so far!
January 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm
If not using homemade, Reames are the best! Great looking soup.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Crazy Cooking Challenge entry: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Cook Lisa Cook
January 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm
Love that we used the same blog and our recipes look so different! The LOVE of blogging! And I love the look of your noodles (yours seems more creamy) Which I LOVE!!! 🙂 Thanks for participating in my challenge! 🙂
January 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm
Looks yummy…..I prefer thicker soups or “stoups”! Thanks for sharing.
January 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Love creamy soups! Will have to try!
January 8, 2012 at 2:32 am
This looks so creamy and thick, it could be mac and cheese which is a far cry from that delicious soup.
January 8, 2012 at 3:38 am
Your soup looks like a great big bowl of love…. love it. I hope you’ll stop by to visit my CCC post for Southwestern Chicken Noodle Soup. Take care!
January 8, 2012 at 9:40 am
This is sure great looking soup, it would be delicious. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
January 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Yum! I love creamy soups! And the egg noodles are so good, too. Nicely done!
January 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm
Most of my chicken noodle soup eating experience has been broth based. I just love the creaminess of this recipe!! It looks so delicious!
October 28, 2013 at 7:10 pm
Just made this soup but with egg noodles not raw and it was amazing!! Thank you for this dish
December 3, 2013 at 9:46 pm
[…] http://megseverydayindulgence.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/creamy-chicken-noodle-soup-crazy-cooking-chal… […]
January 12, 2014 at 3:21 pm
This recipe looks delicious! Thank you very much! Gonna try real soon:)