Don’t heat up your kitchen this summer. Chop all your favorite veggies, season and throw them on the grill for the easiest Foil Grilled Vegetables side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
There’s something about summertime. My desire for cooking goes way down and all I want to do is throw something on the grill. Usually because it’s ridiculously hot and who wants to be hanging around in the kitchen in that?!
These foiled grilled vegetables means you can cook your whole meal outside on the grill. Bye bye stove top and oven.
Ingredients for Foil Grilled Vegetables
The ingredient list is easy and customizable for this recipe. I’m going to list out what I used but feel free to add or sub in other vegetables according to your preferences. Here’s what you are going to need:
Prep Your Vegetables
Wash the vegetables and dry well. Dice all your veggies about 1/2-inch in size. This will ensure they cook evenly. Add them to a big bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and all the spices. Toss with your hands to ensure everything is coated evenly.
Time to Grill
Preheat the grill to around 400 degrees F.
Lay out a big piece of foil and dump the veggies in the center. Bring up the two short sides and roll down. Seal edges together on both sides to completely seal the foil packet.
Place the packet on the preheated grill and cook for 30 minutes, flipping the packet every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Change Up Your Veggies
I shared a delicious mix of veggies for this recipe but it’s definitely versatile and can be changed around. Here’s some ideas of vegetables to add to the mix:
While we’re talking about switching things up, feel free to change up the seasonings as well. Having an Italian meal, use Italian seasoning instead of lemon pepper. Looking for a Mexican vibe? Add cumin and chili powder and again leave out the lemon pepper.
Use your imagination and think of this recipe as a base idea with all kinds of variations.
More Grilled Side Dishes
Foil Grilled Vegetables
- 1 pound potatoes, scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup mini pepper strips
- 1/2 small red onion, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F. Add vegetables to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon pepper. Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Lay out a large sheet of foil. Add vegetables to the foil and roll up the two short sides together. Roll up the other edges until you have a sealed packet.
- Place foil packet on grill and cook for 30 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes.