Skip the restaurant and make your own BBQ Chicken Wrap at home. This Red Robin copycat recipe features grilled barbecue chicken, shredded lettuce, cheese, tortilla strips and a hefty drizzle of ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Have you ever had the whiskey river bbq chicken wrap? It’s one of my favorites so it was about time that I recreated it at home.
And with how easy this wrap is to make, it will definitely be on permanent rotation for lunches and easy dinners.
Ingredients for BBQ Chicken Wrap
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these tasty wraps. Gather these ingredients:
Grill the Chicken
Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. While the grill is heating, prepare the chicken.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or even a rolling pin, pound out the chicken until it’s the same thickness throughout and about 1/2-inch thick.
Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic pepper then place on the grill. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and brush seared side with barbecue sauce. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
Flip and brush second side with barbecue. After a minute, flip again to cook for about 30 seconds to get the sauce nice and sticky.
Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 3 minutes before slicing into bite-size chunks.
Assemble the BBQ Chicken Wrap
Lay out a tortilla on your plate. Add chicken to the center than top with shredded lettuce, cheese, tortilla strips and a hefty drizzle of ranch dressing.
Fold in one side, then fold in the edges and roll. Slice in half and serve.
How to Make Ahead
This bbq chicken wrap is a great make ahead option. Cook and dice the chicken then refrigerate. Shred your lettuce and cheese (or buy them pre-shredded for ease).
Then when you’re ready to eat, all you have to do is assemble.
More Easy Recipes
BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 4 large spinach tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
- ranch dressing
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken to grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing generously with barbecue sauce until juices run clear. Remove from grill to a cutting board and allow to rest for 3 minutes. Then slice into bite-size pieces.
- Lay out 4 tortillas. Divide chicken evenly among the tortillas. Top each with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar and 1 tablespoon tortilla strips. Drizzle with more barbecue sauce and ranch dressing.
- Fold tortilla over the side then fold in edges. Roll tightly. Cut in half and serve.