Chicken Shawarma Bowls make for an extra simple dinner thanks to some delicious shortcuts from Trader Joe’s. Tumeric spiced rice, grilled shawarma chicken and creamy tzatziki.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Let me introduce you to my newest addiction, Chicken Shawarma Bowls. They are THE actual best and after you realize how easy they are too, I think you’re going to be just as addicted.
Grab a few shortcut ingredients from Trader Joe’s and you’ll have a simple, flavorful dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Ingredient for Chicken Shawarma Bowls
Make Golden Tumeric Rice
I’ve made and shared a lot of rice recipes but I think this is my very favorite so far. It’s fragrant, full of warm, earthy spice and SO flavorful.
Plus, it’s super simple to make. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet (that has a lid). Add garlic, rice and tumeric and stir to coat. Cook for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the rice has toasted a bit.
Stir in kosher salt and chicken bouillon then top with water. Bring to a simmer then cover with the lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
Grill the Chicken
I love using the marinated shawarma chicken from Trader Joe’s for easy and quick meals. I could eat it every week (and I’m not that person that eats the same thing all the time).
This shawarma chicken is the best on the grill so while the rice is cooking fire up your grill to medium high heat.
Add the chicken to the grill on cook for 7 to 8 minutes per side. Let it rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before dicing into bite-size chunks.
Assemble the Bowls
Divide the tumeric rice evenly between 4 bowls then top with desired amount of chicken.
Add a dollop of cucumber tzatziki and sprinkle with crumbled feta. Now it’s time to dig in.
Ultimate Weeknight Meal
I love this recipe for SO many reasons:
I’m so addicted to these bowls. And I have a good feeling you will be too.
More Bowl Recipes
Chicken Shawarma Bowls
For Golden Tumeric Rice:
- 1 package Trader Joe's shawarma chicken thighs
- 1 container cucumber tzatziki dip
- crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high. Heat a medium sized skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil. Stir in garlic, tumeric and rice. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant and the rice is slightly toasted.
- Stir in kosher salt, chicken bouillon granules and water. Bring to a simmer then cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, grill the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board. Dice into bite-size pieces.
- Divide rice evenly among 4 bowls. Top with desired amount of chicken. Add a dollop of tzatziki dip and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.