Need an easy lunch or weeknight meal? These Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect solution.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I’m a pretty simple person to please and for me, it doesn’t get much better than melty Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches.
Ingredients for Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Gather your ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
Assemble the Sandwiches
I feel a little weird even calling this a recipe because it’s just so easy.
These Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches will only take a few minutes to assemble. Start by mixing the mayo and mustard together for slathering.
Spread the sauce on each side of the sliced rolls. Next, layer the bottom of the rolls with a hearty amount of shaved ham.
Top each with two slices of Swiss cheese. Pop on the tops of the rolls.
Bake the Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Cut pieces of foil large enough to fully cover each sandwich. Place sandwiches on the center of the foil and wrap up tightly.
You can either place the sandwiches directly on the rack of your preheated oven or you can place them on a baking sheet to make it easier to take them out of the oven.
Bake until toasted and cheese is melted.
More Ways to Enjoy
In the warmer months when you don’t feel like turning on your oven, a great option for these sandwiches is the grill.
Heat it over medium heat and grill the wrapped sandwiches for about 3 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted.
You could even throw these over a fire while camping. Assemble them before leaving home and you’ll have a super fast dinner ready at the campsite.
More Hot Sandwiches to Try:
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 4 bakery kaiser buns or pretzel buns
- 3/4 lb. thinly shave honey ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and mustard. Slice the rolls in half and slather each side with sauce. Evenly divide the ham among the bottom rolls. Top each with 2 slices of swiss cheese. Top with top buns.
- Cut 4 pieces of foil large enough to wrap the sandwiches. Place each sandwich on a piece and wrap. Place wrapped sandwiches either directly in the oven or onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.