These giant Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are perfect for your Christmas cookie baking or any day of the week. Rich, chewy peanut butter cookies dipped in melted chocolate make the perfect sweet treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Hands up if you think peanut butter and chocolate is the best flavor combination ever created. I’m all about this combo and so excited to share this new cookie creation with you.
Christmas Cookie Season
I’m fully invested in Christmas cookie season and believe it’s never too early to start compiling your holiday baking list. And I truly believe these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies should be at the top of your list.
These are a fun twist on the traditional peanut butter kiss cookie that everyone loves for the holidays. We have the same flavor profile going on but with a new presentation.
First, a super thick peanut butter cookie. We’re not going for the flat cookie with the criss-cross fork pattern for these. It’s all about that thick, chewy height.
The cookies are cooked at a higher than normal temperature when it comes to cookies. This is for a few reasons. These cookies are bigger than average and the cookie dough is piled high so that they cook with a big dome instead of spreading too much.
The higher temperature cooks the outside of the dough faster and creates a slightly crispy exterior while keeping the inside doughy still.
These are my absolute favorite baking sheets for ALL the things, including these cookies. They bake up perfectly every time. I also don’t bake any cookies without a mini spatula nearby. It’s also the perfect stocking stuffer for the baker in your life, just saying.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Magic
I chose to use chunky peanut butter in these cookies because I personally like the texture but if that’s not your favorite, use creamy peanut butter instead.
Once the cookies are baked and cooled, it’s time for the chocolate dip. I went with semi-sweet chocolate which balanced nicely with the sweet peanut butter cookies.
I think dark chocolate would be a delicious option as well since the bitterness would really play with the sweetness of the cookie.
Can you use milk chocolate? Sure, if that’s what you prefer. I like the bitterness of the others for balance but if you love milk chocolate it would be a great option for you to use.
The creamy chocolate shell combined with the slightly crispy and way chewy cookie is perfection. You’re going to need them in your life.
More Cookies to Try:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (can sub creamy)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and mix well. Scrape down sides of bowl and add egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix. Add flour and mix slowly until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out 12 cookie dough balls. Shape and push together each dough ball so that it's 1 1/2 inches tall. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Remove from the baking sheet right away and place on a rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Melt chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring, until chocolate is just melted. Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate. Place dipped cookies on parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate. Store in airtight container.