Meet your new favorite 15 minute meal, the Roast Beef Melt. Deli roast beef, melted provolone and horseradish sauce all on a crusty roll and toasted to perfection under the broiler.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission of the sales of recommended items at no cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure policy here.
These Roast Beef Melts are perfect for those days you don’t feel like cooking. Or the nights you’re running a taxi service. Or just because you want a hot, ooey gooey sandwich.
You just can’t go wrong with them.
How to Make a Roast Beef Melt
Here’s what you need to make a roast beef melt:
- Deli roast beef
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Crusty, hard rolls
- Creamy horseradish sauce
Start by slicing your rolls in half. I love using the hard rolls you can find in the bakery of your local grocery store. They are crusty on the outside and so soft within. Perfect for these melts.
Lather both sides with creamy horseradish sauce then layer one side with sliced roast beef and the other side with two slices of provolone cheese.
Place them on a rimmed baking sheet, preferably lined with foil or parchment for easy clean up. Then into the broiler they go to heat the roast beef through and get the provolone all gooey and melted.
Take them out of the oven, sandwich them together and dinner is served.
If you don’t dig horseradish, which I totally get because that stuff is STRONG, there are lots of options you can substitute. My second choice after horseradish sauce would be chipotle mayo. You still have that creamy factor and a spicy kick but the smokiness it adds is really good too.
Dijon mustard would be a good option as well. It still has that sharpness that will add some interest to the sandwich. Even reuglar ole’ mayonaisse would be delicious.
What’s great about these melts is that everyone can make their own with exactly what they prefer.
15 Minutes or Less
Who doesn’t love a meal that takes literally minutes to make from start to finish?! As you can tell from above, the assembly and cooking time for a roast beef melt takes less than 15 minutes. If that’s not a weeknight win, I don’t know what is.
Sometimes you just want a warm, crusty sandwich to enjoy and this is totally going to fulfill that need real quick.
- Rootbeer BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Baked Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Broccoli Slaw
- Cheesy Pulled Pork Sliders
- Classic Club Sandwich
Roast Beef Melt
- 4 hard rolls
- 6 Tbsp. creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 lb. roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Slice the rolls in half and place them on the baking sheet. Spread the bottom halves with 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish sauce each. Evenly layer the roast beef on top of the horseradish. Place 2 pieces of cheese on the top halves.
- Place in the broiler and broil until cheese is melted, bubbly and starting to turn golden brown. This will just take a few minutes so keep a close eye on it.
- Remove from the oven, assemble sandwiches and enjoy.