Whip up a batch of these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in less than 30 minutes for the next football game. They are sure to be a crowd favorite.
**Update: this post was originally shared in 2012. Photos, text and recipe have been updated.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy here.
Football season is in full swing and although I don’t love watching, I do adore all the fun food that comes along with it. And today’s recipe is no exception. I’m combining two footballs favorites, meatballs and buffalo chicken to make a really delicious party food, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
Preparing Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These meatballs are super simple and from start to finish are done in 30 minutes. First, they start with a simple list of ingredients. Grab some ground chicken, an egg, breadcrumbs, hot sauce, salt, pepper and blue cheese crumbles.
Use your hands to mix everything up well and portion out into 18 even size meatballs. I like to use a cookie scoop to ensure all the meatballs are uniform. Once they are formed, the meatballs are baked for about 15 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking, simmer the sauce. The sauce consists of just two ingredients, your favorite hot sauce and either ranch or blue cheese dressing. Obviously the blue cheese would be more traditional but if you don’t dig stinky cheese ranch is definitely a delicious substitution.
Delicious in Any Situation
If you’re serving these at a party, after baking them put them in your slow cooker on warm to ensure they stay hot for your guests.
These are great as appetizers but also make a great meal served over creamy mashed potatoes with a side of veggies.
Need more buffalo in your life? Check out these recipes:
- Buffalo Popcorn
- Buffalo Chicken Coleslaw
- Buffalo Fried Rice
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Chicken Crunch Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Blue Cheese Slaw
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
For Buffalo Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups hot sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, hot sauce, kosher salt, pepper and blue cheese. It's easiest to do this with your hands. Using a cookie scoop, portion out 18 even meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the hot sauce and dressing of choice together in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Place meatballs in saucepan and gently toss until coated.