If you’re looking for a simple, healthy weeknight dinner look no further than these Slow Cooker Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps. Chuck roast and a few simple Asian ingredients transform into tender, saucy shredded beef perfect for piling in lettuce wraps.
*This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read my full disclosure policy here.
A month or so ago I asked on Instagram what kind of recipes you all wanted to see in the new year and one of my local followers requested something using chuck roast.
Whenever I think of chuck roast my brain always goes to the slow cooker. It’s a tougher cut of meat that has a good amount of fat so the slow cooking process really breaks it down and makes it tender. The roast self-bastes in all that fatty goodness and makes the flavor unreal.
For all those reasons I obvs wanted to use the slow cooker. I also wanted things to be fresh because we’re in the 30th month of winter and I just need something green and light.
So in comes the glorious lettuce wrap.
The chuck roast and a handful of Asian ingredients cook away in the slow cooker throughout the day. The sauce is made with the following ingredients:
The flavor is deep and rich because of the beef stock and soy sauce. The honey and Thai sweet chili sauce brings the sweet and the red pepper flakes balances it out with some spicy.
You can add more or less red pepper flakes to control the spice level according to your tastes.
Once the meat has cooked the sauce will still be runny so it’s thickened up with a cornstarch slurry to a glossy, perfect consistency.
To assemble the beef lettuce wraps, pile it up the flavorful shredded beef in a buttery, crunchy lettuce wrap. Top with shredded carrots and sliced cucumber for more freshness and crunch.
It’s rich and fresh at the same time. Perfect to cure the winter blues.
Slow Cooker Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 4-5 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Butter lettuce
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced cucumber
- Place boneless beef chuck roast in the slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together beef stock, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Once tender, shred the meat. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour into the slow cooker and stir. Cook another 30 minutes on low until thickened.
- To serve: place desired amount of shredded beef onto a lettuce leaf. Top with shredded carrots and sliced cucumbers.