These Valentines Rice Krispie Pops are a simple and adorable treat you can make as a surprise for the kids or fun activity to do together.
You could even send them to school for parties (if you school district allows homemade treats). I’m thinking about dropping off a big batch to the school office for the teachers and staff. What better way to bribe school officials than with sugar?! I’ll make sure Noah gets all the best teachers! Just kidding, sort of.
These cute little pops start out with the typical, simple ingredients of a rice krispie treat just kicked up a bit with strawberry flavored marshmallows (found in the baking or holiday section of your grocery store – they are heart shaped). Once they are mixed, press them into an 11×15-inch baking sheet then cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
The strawberry marshmallows tint the treats pink to make them even more festive. To put the cuteness factor right over the edge, stick a fun pink or red paper straw in the bottom then drizzle them with melted white chocolate and cover them in adorable little heart sprinkles.
Just looking at them will make you happy. And who doesn’t love a rice krispie treat? Seriously, have you ever met someone who didn’t?
You could also use a tiny heart cookie cutter and skip the paper straw to make lots of bite size treats. They would be adorable piled in a heart shaped dish.
I’m kind of a sucker for themed food so I just love how these turned out. And my kids totally freaked out when they saw them. Then promptly inhaled one each. That’s the ultimate compliment and stamp of approval if you ask me.
Valentine's Rice Krispie Pops
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 cups strawberry marshmallow hearts
- 8 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate
- paper straws
- heart cookie cutter
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat. Add butter and marshmallow and stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Dump mixture onto an 11x15-inch pan lined with foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray spatula or hands with nonstick spray and quickly press into an even layer that fills the pan. Allow to cool.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut rice krispies. Cut paper straws in half and stick them into the cut rice krispies.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Using a fork, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the rice krispies. Decorate with festive sprinkles. Allow chocolate to harden and store in an airtight container.
Looking for more fun Valentines ideas? Check these out.