A little twist on the classic spinach artichoke dip, I used kale instead to liven it up a bit. Since kale is so trendy and all. Can we make this dip trendy? Because kale is much more enjoyable when incased in two types of cheeses. Just saying.
You know when kale isn’t enjoyable? When you add too much to your smoothie and the 5 year old declares it smells and tastes like play-doh. Yep, that happened this week and he was totally right. I still drank it but it was NOT enjoyable. I tried to pretend it was kale artichoke dip with festive Christmas chips but it didn’t really work.
This dip is packed full of kale and artichoke hearts for the health factor and cream cheese and mayo for creaminess. Then there’s parmesan and lemon juice and spices to jazz it up. Pretty much the perfect party app for the holidays if you ask me.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. kale, chopped and stem removed
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayo
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 7 oz. artichoke hearts (1/2 can), diced
- Tortilla chips, assorted veggies, crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil then kale and saute until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the grated garlic and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan to a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, process the cream cheese, mayo, lemon juice, dill, salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Fold into cooled kale mixture along with the parmesan cheese and diced artichoke hearts. Spread into a 9-inch pie plate and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies and/or crackers.