What’s better than pasta? Pasta coated in breadcrumbs, fried and dipped in marinara sauce. I made these Fried Ravioli up along with some pizza poppers for the Super Bowl last weekend. This is a little off topic but I made the poppers with Pillsbury garlic breadstick dough this time and omg were they good. Definitely recommend doing that asap.
Back to the ravioli. These are super simple to whip up and only require a few ingredients making them the perfect appetizer for your next gathering. I only let myself have one then proceeded to drool as Joel ate a hefty amount of them.
These are definitely better with fresh ravioli (5 cheese is my favorite) but if they aren’t available frozen will do. Try these crispy little babies out, you won’t be sorry.
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 box store-bought ravioli, thawed if frozen
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Heat oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, place the milk in a one bowl. In another bowl (I use a pie plate), combine both breadcrumbs with the 2 Tbsp. parmesan.
- Dip the ravioli's in the milk then into the breadcrumb mixture until fully coated. Fry, a few at a time, until golden. Drain on a paper towel then enjoy with marinara or pizza sauce.