I am so ready for fall weather! It’s still in the 80s around here and I am so tired of it. It seems a little wrong to be making so many pumpkin treats when we don’t have the cool fall breeze, scarves and sweaters but alas, it’s still happening around here.
I’ve been seeing pumpkin drinks floating around pinterest like crazy and definitely wanted to join in on the fun but a hot coffee drink just isn’t an option right now. So when I saw this frappuccino recipe I knew it would be a good one to try.
And since I’m not really a huge fan of coffee, it appealed to me because it had the same amount of coffee and milk so it wouldn’t have too strong of a coffee flavor.
I also liked the combination of pumpkin and caramel. I used the delicious fleur de sel caramel from Trader Joe’s and leftover pumpkin from one of the many recipes I have been whipping up. It was the perfect afternoon pick me up!
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled (I used caramel flavored coffee)
- 3 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons dulce de leche or salted caramel
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon plus more for garnish
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon fat free Cool Whip
- Blend all ingredients, except the cool whip, together in a blender. Pour into a glass and top with cool whip.
September 30, 2013 at 2:38 pm
I love frappuccino, looks so yummy, will make it later, thanks! 🙂
October 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Looks fantastic and I love your photos!!