We made it back from our Lake of the Ozarks vacation and although we had fun, I am glad to be home. A week was definitely enough nature for this girl! I came home with 35 bug bites, a killer sun burn and a cold that has lingered all week.
I’m more of a beach or city vacation kind of person. Although it was nice to not have to worry about straightening my hair or putting on makeup.
I made these cookies before vacation for an amazing treat that I will share with you later this week. You are going to just die when you see what it is. So yummy!
These cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious cinnamon kick. I have a thing for cinnamon so I threw some into the batter rather than just rolling the dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture. I like the extra spicy, sweet kick it gives them, but it’s totally up to you. They come together quickly and easily so they are great to whip up when a sweet tooth craving strikes.
I just can’t wait to share the deliciousness that these helped create!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 5 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough then roll into balls. Coat dough by gently rolling balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.