I don’t like plain M&M’s. They are boring and I need something to go with my chocolate. But for some reason, I have always loved M&M’s cookies. I think it’s the crunch that the candy coating provides that just puts them over the top for me. And these are definitely the best M&M cookie that I have ever made or eaten.
They are incredibly moist, even a week after making them (it makes a lot of cookies so they lasted awhile with just 2 of us, especially since I try to eat only 1 or 2 of any treat I make). I have heard of adding pudding mix to cakes but never to cookies and I think that is what we can attribute the moistness.
This would be a great base recipe and you could mix in virtually anything you like. I’m thinking of replacing the M&M’s with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts next time…that would be divine! Dark chocolate and pecans would be heavenly too! Mmmm, all the possibilities for these yummy little gems.
recipe from Dreaming of White Chocolate
1 cup butter, softened or 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 small package french vanilla instant pudding
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups miniature M&M’s (I couldn’t find mini’s so I used regular ones and they worked just fine)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla.
2. Stir in the eggs and mix well.
3. Stir in the flour and baking soda, followed by the miniature M&M’s.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, portion dough onto cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Let cool on pans for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yields approximately 24 cookies.
September 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm
I love these colorful looking cookies. beautiful!
September 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm
Your cookies are making me hungry! I don’t think I could make these, because I’d eat them all!
September 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm
Meg these cookies are so good, just love all those great M & M’s! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
September 25, 2011 at 10:21 am
Doesn’t everyone love M&M’s??