We have some friends that are growing lots of yummy veggies and they just happened to have an excess of cucumbers and I was one of the lucky recipients of the overflow! I knew immediately that I would be trying this new cucumber recipe.
Cucumber salad is one of my favorite foods and dill is pretty much the best herb ever so I knew this would be a win for me. Plus, I didn’t have to share (or so I thought) since Joel doesn’t like cucumbers. Well, I didn’t factor in little man. As I was feeding him his lunch, I was munching on these yummy cukes.
Noah quickly started whining and pointing at my bowl. I cut up a cucumber and put it on his tray and he proceeded to shove every piece in his mouth then whine for more.
He let me know when I wasn’t feeding him fast enough.
I think he loved them just as much as I did.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- Place the thinly sliced cucumbers into a colander and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Leave in the sink to drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, white vinegar and dill together. Set aside.
- Shake colander well to get as much liquid off the cucumbers as possible. Add cucumbers to vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Place in fridge for 1 to 3 hours to allow flavors to mingle.