There is nothing like steak and potatoes…can you tell I’m from the midwest? These are two simple and delicous recipes with ingredients that most everyone has in their fridge or pantry. I found this marinade recipe several years ago on the internet (I do not have the specific website). It states that it is for steak but it’s also great on chicken.
Now that is finally nice enough to be outside, we have been on a grilling spree. I love grilling veggies and potatoes are no exception. The fact that they are covered in cheese and bacon doesn’t hurt either.
2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Marinate 8 hours or overnight (I marinate in a ziplock bag).
3. Grill to desired doneness.
Grilled Smoky Cheddar Potatoes
from Betty Crocker Bridal Edition
4 medium potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter or margerine
1 cup shredded smoked or regular cheddar cheese
4 strips bacon, crumbled or 2 Tbsp. bacon bits
2 Tbsp. green onions, thinly sliced
1. Heat grill for direct heat.
2. Place potato chunks on a 30×18 inch piece of heavy duty foil. You may parboil the potatoes for 6-7 minutes to shorten the grill time. Sprinkle with salt. Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
3. Wrap foil securely around potatoes; pierce top of foil with a fork to vent steam.
4. Cover and grill foil packet, seam side up, over medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If you parboiled your potatoes they should be done in about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions.
Recipe linked to This Week’s Cravings.