These Crunchy French Toast Sticks are sure to become a family favorite. Thick cut bread cut into sticks and coated in your favorite cereal crumbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Let me introduce to a new family favorite, Crunchy French Toast Sticks. Crushed cereal coats the outside of the French toast sticks to give them an incredible crunch while they stay soft on the inside.
They are super simple to make with just a handful of ingredients, my specialty.
Ingredients for Crunchy French Toast Sticks
Here’s what you’ll need to make this crunchy French toast:
How to Make Crunchy French Toast Sticks
Let’s talk about how to make crispy French toast.
Start by preparing your pan and preheating the oven. Place an oven-safe rack over a baking sheet. Spray it well with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Cut the slices of bread into thirds. Dip all sides in the bread mixture then put into the cereal crumbs. Press a little to ensure they stick.
Place the French toast sticks onto the prepared baking rack and bake.
These french toast sticks are super freezer friendly. Here’s some instructions on how to do so.
First, make sure the sticks are completely cool. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for a few hours. This is called flash freezing.
Once they are flash frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze until you’re ready to eat them.
When you’re ready to use them, grab them from the freezer and bake as instructed in the recipe card below.
Delicious Ways to Serve
These are delicious and sweet all on their own but I have some fun ways to fancy them up.
Dust them with powdered sugar. Dip them in maple syrup.
Serve with all the berries or even a berry syrup. No matter what you choose, you’re going to love these homemade french toast sticks.
More Breakfast Favorites
Crunchy French Toast Sticks
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup cereal crumbs, I used Captain Crunch
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 slices thick-cut brioche or Texas toast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place an oven-safe baking rack over a baking sheet. Spray well with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a pie plate or cake pan, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. In another pie plate mix together cereal crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Cut bread into thirds. Dip into the egg mixture, making sure all sides are dipped. Place them in the crumb mixture and gently press to make sure they stick. Put them on the prepared baking rack. Repeat until all the french toast sticks are coated.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crispy and golden.