Let’s hold on to summer just a bit longer with these Grilled Chicken Drumsticks. Marinated for tenderness and perfectly charred on the grill.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
As much as I love fall I still want to hold on to summer for one reason, the grilling. It’s pretty much the only way I cook all summer long and I miss it so much when the temperatures drop.
So while the weather is still cooperative, let’s make grilled chicken drumsticks.
These aren’t just any old chicken drumstick though. They are marinated in a simple, tangy sauce that provides tons of flavor and tenderness to the chicken.
Easy + flavorful + quick = major win.
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Marinating is Key
The chicken drumsticks are marinated in a delicious concoction from the ingredients we talked about above for about 4 hours.
The vinegar in the marinade helps break down the surface of the meat which helps the marinade penetrate and tenderize the meat.
The key is not letting the chicken sit in the marinade too long because it can break down the meat too much and cause a weird texture. So 4 hours or a little less is perfect.
The worcestershire sauce adds some richness and the hot sauce adds a little spice and interest to the chicken.
Time to Grill
You’ll want your grill preheated to a medium heat, about 400 degrees if you have a gas grill.
The chicken will take about 30 minutes to cook, give or take about 5 minutes. This is where a digital meat thermometer is key.
It’s nice to have a general amount of time that you will need to grill but there are lots of factors that can either add or subtract time so that’s why I always use a thermometer.
You will always have perfectly juicy results if you use one. And they are pretty cheap too and I promise you’ll get lots of use out of it.
Part of the marinade is reserved at the beginning in order to baste the chicken drumsticks are they are grilling. This adds tons of additional flavor and helps keep them juicy.
Great for Meal Prep
If you need some easy meals on the go or don’t feel like cooking every night, these grilled chicken drumsticks are a great meal prep option.
They reheat really well and go with just about any side dish. They are great to take to work too.
Whether you’re making them for dinner tonight or to eat throughout the week, these juicy drumsticks are definitely going to become a menu repeat.
More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- In a bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, oil, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and salt. Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade and place into an airtight container and refrigerate, this is for basting ater. Add drumsticks to the bowl and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours. You can also do this in a ziplock bag.
- Remove drumsticks from marinade. Preheat grill over medium heat. Once hot, add drumsticks to grill and cook for about 30 minutes, flipping and basting with reserved marinade every 5 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.