Thai Chicken Wraps will become your new summer go to meal. They are simple to make, packed with flavor and perfectly light.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
These wraps are our new favorite summer meal for a few reasons. Here’s what we have going on: thinly sliced, perfectly grilled chicken, cool and crisp cabbage, a rich peanut sauce and a double crunch factor.
Plus these wraps are packed with flavor and involve no indoor cooking. That just screams summer perfection to me.
Ingredients for Thai Chicken Wraps
How to Assemble Thai Chicken Wraps
Ok, so that seems like a lot of ingredients but I promise these are pretty easy to make. Common ingredients mostly fill the list so they should be simple to procure.
To start, preheat your grill to 400 degrees. While the grill is warming up, season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Depending on the thickness of the chicken, grill for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Let the chicken rest on a cutting board while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
The sauce is super simple to make. Grab a big bowl and whisk together the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and sesame oil. That’s it.
Add the cabbage, peanuts, cilantro and wonton strips to the sauce and toss until fully coated.
Thinly slice the chicken and add it to the cabbage mixture. Pile the mixture into tortillas, fold up two sides, wrap up tightly and enjoy.
Why I Love This Recipe
Let’s start with the incredible peanut sauce. It’s the perfect combination of all the flavors hitting your tongue at once. There is sweet and savory and a little acid going on and it’s just so good.
There’s minimal cooking going on and the little cooking that does have to be done is outdoors on the grill. No heating up the house. No excessive amounts of dishes.
Speaking of dishes, all you’re going to dirty is a large bowl and a cutting board. If that’s not winning at summer cooking I don’t know what is.
More Easy Summer Dishes:
Thai Chicken Wraps
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
For the wraps:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 Tbsp. honey roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup wonton strips
- 4 medium sized tortillas
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from grill to a cutting board. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and sesame oil. Add coleslaw mix, peanuts, cilantro and wonton strips. Toss to coat.
- Slice chicken into very thin strips and add to coleslaw mix. Stir again until coated. Divide evenly among the tortillas. Wrap and enjoy.