Keep your Valentine’s dessert easy, fun, delicious and festive this year with this Valentine’s Dessert Board. A few simple, homemade treats mixed in with some adorable store-bought options.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
You guysss. It’s official. I am so obsessed with putting together dessert boards. I started out with this super fun Red White and Blue Dessert Board which is adorable.
Then came the Easy Christmas Dessert Board. And now it’s time to share a fun little Valentine’s Dessert Board.
An Easy Valentine’s Dessert
This dessert board is SO easy to put together. It consists of two super simple homemade treats and is filled in with some festive store-bought favorites.
The first homemade treat on this board is white chocolate dipped strawberries and the second is cashews drizzled with candy melts and sprinkles.
I gathered the remaining ingredients in the Valentine’s aisle at Target. I also saw some adorable options at Aldi and Trader Joe’s after photographing so keep those places in mind as well.
How to Make White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
All you’ll need is strawberries and white chocolate melting wafers.
I prefer using Ghirardelli melting wafers. And bonus, they are easily found in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Simply melt the wafers in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth. Dip the clean, dry strawberries in the melted white chocolate and place on parchment to harden.
I chose to use white chocolate to add more variety to the board but you can also use milk or dark chocolate if you prefer.
How to Make Festive Cashews
The process for making these fun cashews is very similar to the strawberries. Start by melting the candy melts (in whichever color you choose).
Lay out the roasted, salted cashews on a parchment lined baking sheet then drizzle the cashews with the candy melts. Decorate with sprinkles if desired then allow to cool and harden.
Make sure you grab salted cashews at the store. The comination of the salt and super sweet candy melts is kind of magical.
If you don’t dig cashews, you can substitute any nut here. Almonds would be especially tasty.
Choosing a Board
First you need to decide on your board. The board I used is from Hobby Lobby a few years ago. You can use any board or platter you have in your house to assemble this cute dessert.
I did want to show you some of my current favorites in case you are in need of a board for all the charcuteries. I absolutely love the character and size of this serving board. It would definitely be a showstopper.
I actually have this board in a smaller version and totally love it (you can see it on this Rootbeer BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches post). If you’re making the board for a small gathering, the small option would work or grab the large for crowd.
Lastly is a circular board which is really love for displays. It’s easy to reach everything and is just pleasing to the eye. I’m loving the handles on this one and that’s it’s made from wine barrels.
Assembling Your Valentine’s Dessert Board
It’s always nice when assembling a board to have a few small bowls or containers to add more height and visual interest to your spread. It also helps contain the little items you’re including.
My pink heart bowl is from the dollar spot at Target. You can also use little glass or ceramic bowls.
Fill a few bowls with tiny candies or nuts. Place the bowls on the board and fill in around them with your chocolate covered strawberries, cashews and store-bought treats.
Add and subtract items until it looks full, abundent and delicious.
One thing to keep in mind, try not to put the items of the same color near each other. Spreading the colors out makes it more visually appealing.
More Festive Valentine’s Desserts:
Valentine’s Dessert Board
For the dipped strawberries:
- 1/2 lb. strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
For the drizzled cashews:
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashews
- 1/2 cup candy melts in bright pink, pale pink or red
For the board:
- Store-bought candy
- Store-bought cookies
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. For the strawberries: add white chocolate melts to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Continue until chocolate is melted. Dip strawberries into the white chocolate and place on the parchment. Add sprinkles if desired.
- On the other half of the baking sheet, spread out the cashews in a single layer. Add colored candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds. Continue until melted. Using a spoon, drizzle candy melts over the cashews. Decorate with sprinkles. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator (or outside if it's cold) for 10 minutes, or until candy is hardened.
- Fill a bowl or two with small items and place on your board on opposite sides. Fill in the holes with your white chocolate strawberries, cashews and store-bought items. Make sure to not places items of the same color beside each other. Place items until it is visually appealing.