I made you some chocolate dipped strawberries but they aren’t your average Valentine’s dessert, these are Fancy Ass Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. Gourmet toppings adorn this dessert that is easy enough for anyone to make but fancy enough to think you bought them at the store.
Are you guys into themed Valentine’s Day food? I think you obviously know where I stand on the themed food front. If there’s a fancy sprinkle for the occasion, I’m totally for it. I will think of all the ways to use them.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day I always lean towards desserts when brainstorming fun ideas since it should obviously be all about the chocolate and hearts and pink.
And nothing screams Valentine’s dessert more than chocolate dipped strawberries. But I couldn’t just dip them in chocolate and call it a day so I got fancy and sprinkled them with all kinds of fun toppings.
Sprinkle them with ALL the things:
•Chocolate chips (mini, milk chocolate, dark, white – whatever suits your fancy)
•Crushed pretzels or potato chips for that sweet and salty combo
•Extra drizzles or dips of your favorite chocolate
•Colorful candy melts
Basically, whatever you love my friends. I would definitely recommend a variety of toppings so you can mix it up and have some choices. My kids were so dang excited when they came home from school to these and they had such a hard time choosing which one they would try.
If you want to get extra extra fancy when gifting them to your love or friends or neighbors, they would be adorable packaged up in these. I mean, there’s even a heart on the box guys.
The little bit of extra effort turning them from regular chocolate strawberries to Fancy Ass Chocolate Dipped Strawberries will definitely be noticed and completely worth it.
Fancy Ass Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1 10 oz. bag semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed and dried well
- Chopped nuts
- Mini chocolate chips, variety
- Crushed pretzels
- Set up all your toppings in shallow bowls or plates before starting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each one, until just melted. If you are doing additional drizzles, melt the chocolate in another bowl now using same method.
- Dip strawberries into chocolate then sprinkle with or roll in topping of choice. Place on prepared baking sheet. If you are drizzling another chocolate onto the strawberries, make sure the first coating of chocolate has completely hardened before doing so. Once all strawberries are dipped and decorated, place in refrigerator.