If you are having a small holiday celebration, this Parmesan Crusted Filet Mignon is a perfect option over a big traditional ham. I actually made these quite awhile ago for our anniversary and they were a huge hit.
The combination of the tenderness of the steak with the crunchy, cheesy texture of the crust was incredible and over the top. I went with a surf and turf vibe so I served these delicious steaks alongside scallops, twice baked potatoes and a simple salad.
The fact that you make the crust ahead of time also makes this a quick, simple option for the holidays so that you can focus on family and all the important things during this time of year.
I know it would be great for us during this transition in our lives. We are packing up and moving today which is such a bittersweet feeling. We are ready for this new adventure but sad about leaving our friends and our first home. But I know it will be great for our family!
And I am so ready to cook for real again instead of just throwing random stuff together with all the frozen and pantry items I didn’t want to move!
Parmesan Crusted Filet Mignon
- 4 filet mignons
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
For the crust:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on microplane
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Few cracks of black pepper
- The crust needs to be prepared at least 3 hours ahead of time so plan for that. In a medium bowl, combine all the crust ingredients together until it forms a ball. Place on the center of a piece of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap and place in the refrigerator. You can also make it days in advance and freeze it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub each side of the steaks with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear for 2 minutes per side. Transfer pan to the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on temperature preference. Remove from oven. Turn oven to broiler setting. Slice the crust mixture into fourths and top each steak with one. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until browned and crusty.