Add some extra cheer to your holiday cookie platters (or movie night) with these homemade snowcaps. Only 2 ingredients and a few minutes need to make these delicious little bites.
**UPDATE: The recipe and photographs in this post have been updated since its original posting in 2011.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I have always been a lover of snowcaps candy. I’m not even a big fan of chocolate but that combo with the sprinkles just gets me I guess.
You don’t see snowcaps at the store often these days so I thought it was about time I created a homemade version to make anytime. Extra bonus, I always have the two necessary ingredients.
Ingredient List and How To for Homemade Snowcaps
All you need to make these homemade snowcaps is an 11 ounce bag of chocolate chips and a 3 ounce bottle of nonpareils.
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments until they are fully melted.
I like to place the melted chocolate in a ziplock bag for ease of piping. Cut a small corner off the bag and pipe the chocolate into about quarter size dollops on a parchment lined baking sheet.
You can also use a spoon to do this but they may not end up as pretty.
After the chocolate is all piped, go to town sprinkling them with the nonpareils. Pop them in the refrigerator until they are solid.
Make Them Festive
You can make these like the store-bought version with white nonpareils like I did or grab some festive Christmas colors at the store to make them extra festive. The rainbow mix would be super fun for birthday parties or the summertime.
If you’re gifting them you can use the recipients favorite color for the sprinkles.
They turned out so cute and are perfect to sprinkle around Christmas cookie trays or for munching during movie night.
More Chocolate Goodness You Need:
- Blood Orange Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Candied Bacon Bark
- Peanut Butter Potato Chip Truffles
- Drunken Chocolate Cherries
- Take 5 Bark
- 11 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz. bottle nonpareils
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip a small bit off one corner and pipe quarter-size dollops on the prepared baking sheet. Alternately, you can use a spoon to do this. Cover chocolate with nonpareils. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden. Store in an airtight container on the counter or refrigerator, depending on preference.