Simple Chorizo Nachos are just what your weekend needs. Spiced pinto beans, flavorful chorizo, melted cheese and spicy jalapenos all atop crispy tortilla chips.
When I was a kid Friday’s were Nacho Night. I used to complain (shocking, right?) but now that I’ve grown up I get a little nostalgic thinking about those times I spent with my family. Although Friday’s are usually the night we eat out, every once and awhile we revive Nacho Night.
Recently, Joel was feeling under the weather and didn’t want to go out for dinner. I quickly decided it was time to have Emeril’s Chorizo Nachos again and ran to the store to pick up the ingredients.
We had them several months ago and they were divine.
I love the fact that they are layered then baked (we’ve always just nuked ours in the microwave). It adds a crunch factor in the chips and bubbly brown cheese that is just heavenly!
We ate them late, after Noah was asleep, while snuggling on the couch watching a movie. It’s pretty awesome that Nacho Night continues to create memories and tradition within my new little family.
- 1 lb. Mexican chorizo, removed from casing
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium low heat combine the pinto beans, chili powder and salt. Warm through.
- Lay out a single layer of tortilla chips. Top with half the crumbled chorizo, half the pinto beans and half of the cheeses. Add another layer of chips and repeat layers. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and nachos are heated through. Top with sliced jalapenos and sour cream as desired.