This Cherry Dump Cake is the easiest dessert you could ask for, it has 4 ingredients that you literally dump in a 13×9 and bake. My husband always requests this cake for holidays and I’m always glad to make such a simple dish on busy days.
I highly recommend topping this fruity, delicious cake with whipped cream.
Cherry Dump Cake
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1. Mix pineapple (with juice) and cherry pie filling in a 13×9 pan.
2. Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the cherry.
3. Pour melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. We like to refrigerate this and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Recipe linked to Everyday Sisters Sharing Sunday!
April 29, 2011 at 12:03 pm
I have made something very similar with canned peaches in juice (syrup sets better, but I prefer the juice taste)Love it.
March 27, 2013 at 6:05 am
[…] Cherry Dump Cake – Joel’s favorite Lemon Hush – my favorite Key Lime Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Sauce Jello Cookies Cherry Limeade Cupcakes Classic Southern Lemon Bars […]
April 3, 2014 at 2:30 pm
[…] come a long way in three years. I mean, seriously, check out these photos…bleh. I’ve considered retaking these photos (and many more) but it’s kind of […]