Blackened Chicken Sandwich
Spicy, flavorful chicken on a fresh, chewy bun slathered with remoulade. This Blackened Chicken Sandwich will quickly become your go to main for all your summer cook outs.
Servings 4 servings
For the blackening spice:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 Tablepsoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the sandwiches:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger buns or rolls, sliced in half
- Remoulade sauce
- Lettuce, tomato, onion
Preheat grill to medium heat, around 400 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the blackening spice. Make sure you don't have any clumps of brown sugar.
Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken and press to get it to stick. Cover both sides well. Add chicken to hot grill and cook 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken breast.
Spread desired amount of remoulade sauce on the buns. Top with a chicken breast, lettuce, tomato and onion.