Minestrone Soup with Cheese Ravioli
This hearty, filling Minestrone Soup with Cheese Ravioli is a fun twist on a classic soup. Vegetarian, family friendly and only 30 minutes needed.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (sliced into half moons)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz. package refrigerated cheese ravioli
Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add onion, carrot and celery. Saute for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and salt and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with basil, thyme and oregano.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock and beans. Bring to a simmer. Add ravioli and cook for 7 minutes (or amount of time listed on the package).