Broccoli and Cauliflower Au Gratin
Broccoli and Cauliflower Au Gratin is a favorite side dish for every holiday. Rich, homemade cheese sauce, broccoli and cauliflower with a crispy panko topping.
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. Velveeta, optional
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Lightly steam the broccoli and cauliflower.
Meanwhile, melt 4 Tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour to make a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook away the flour taste.
Slowly add the milk to the roux. Cook for several minutes until the mixture has thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
Add the cheese and stir until melted.
Mix the broccoli, cauliflower and cheese sauce then place in a 13×9 pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.