Instant Pot Fajita Chicken and Rice
Need an easy, flavorful dinner with little effort? This Instant Pot Fajita Chicken and Rice is a meal in one pot that everyone will love.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. fajita seasoning, divided
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow or white onion, cut in half and sliced into thin half moon slices
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup white rice
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, 1 1/2 tablespoon fajita seasoning and garlic in a bowl. Add bell peppers, onions and chicken and stir to coat. Let marinate on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add rice, tomato sauce, water and remaining 1/2 tablespoon fajita seasoning to the instant pot. Stir to mix. Add marinated chicken and vegetables over the rice. Spread out evenly.
Place lid on instant pot and seal. Set to cook for 8 minutes on high manual mode. Once done, allow to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then turn valve to release any remaining pressure.