White Lasagna Soup
White Lasagna Soup is an absolute necessity this winter. Tender pasta, chunks of chicken and the creamiest, cheesiest sauce.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 3 cups half and half
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- 4 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan, plus more for serving
Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and whisk into butter. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and bring to a heavy simmer.
Once simmering, stir in lasagna noodles. Cook for 10 o 12 minutes, until noodles are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken, mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan. Ladle into bowls and top with more shredded parmesan, if desired.