Chicken Enchilada Soup - Chili's Copycat
Chicken Enchilada Soup is a Chili's copycat and our favorite soup ever. Cheesy, spicy, creamy and filling.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. chicken soup base
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 20 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup masa harina (found in the Mexican food aisle)
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 22 oz. bag precooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Garnish: sour cream, tortilla strips/chips, shredded cheese, pico de gallo,
Add oil to a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent and soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add to your slow cooker.
Add all remaining ingredients except for the chicken, corn, black beans and garnishes. Stir until combined. You may need a whisk to incorporate the masa harina. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
During the last 45 minutes add the chicken, corn and black beans. Top with desired garnishes.